Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

SD Cards - What's Hot, What's Not!

raspberry pi sd cards

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Nick

Nick

Admin Bloke

• Administrators
  • 360 posts
There are some SD Cards that work better than others with the Raspberry Pi, if you've got first hand experience, please let us know the brand and capacity, just copy and paste the below:

What's Hot!
1) SD Card Number 1
2) SD Card Number 2
3)................

What's Not!
1) SD Card Number 1
2) SD Card Number 2
3)................

Admin / Webmaster bloke
Owner of 2 Raspberry Pi's, a 256mb model and a 512mb model.

creatron

creatron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
1. SD Cards have a speed associated with it, so the higher the speed the faster.
2. Adapters with microSDHC (mini) cards is also known to be worce than a SD only card, because of the additional contacts.
3. These adapter cards don't click in properly, and may fall out on some adapters.
4. Rather buy a proper SD card read/writer for the image burning, I have an al cheapo (USB) thats quits halfway the dd process, So I got a Transcend ( nine in one) that works well

There are some SD Cards that work better than others with the Raspberry Pi, if you've got first hand experience, please let us know the brand and capacity, just copy and paste the below:

What's Hot!
1) SD Card Number 1
2) SD Card Number 2
3)................

What's Not!
1) SD Card Number 1
2) SD Card Number 2
3)................

Guest_viniedodo11_*

Guest_viniedodo11_*
  • Guests
i love raspberry pi

8on3s

8on3s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well I only use one type at the moment, sandisk 8gb class 2 micro adapter with sandisk adapter. The pi runs just fine with a class 2, although I'm looking into some class 4 4gb for specific projects.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Pal

Pal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I used my rpi with sd card kingston brand 8gb and class 6...

always corrupt my image and hang..sometime automatic reboot...

I thing im the heaviest person using graphics...but when i change to class 10...

problem resolved...

webpi

webpi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

I use Sandisk 4GB class 4 SD cards, and never had any problems.

LeesaJohnson

LeesaJohnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLondon

Hi there, I use Sandisk 32 GB of class 10 and I found its speed too good.