Welcome, Guest!

Nick

Want A Tutorial / Guide / How-To Written? Stuck On Something?

Do you require a step-by-step guide on how to perform a certain function on your Raspberry Pi? Or perhaps you need a guide on how to install a certain piece of software?

Simply place your request below, and a Tutorial will be written for you.

I've had a few requests from tutorial authors asking for guidance on what to write about. These fellow members of ours are keen to help you!

And remember, if you write a Tutorial for someone else, then you'll receive a free 4GB SD Card!

Hi

I bought the raspberry pi B last december, I had an awful time with sd cards

I bought a new 4gig system sd card and the card reader from Element 14

It worked great

My setup:

- LG HDMI monitor with the hdmi connection.

- powered usb track with 4 usb inputs

- wired mouse and keyboard

- Belkin wifi that works

A week ago I had configured it and it all worked with non problem with a brand new card (switching from raspbian, openelec and raspmc). Then this week it booted with the black screen on the HDMI LG and the green lights on the board were doing there thing. After reading up on the net, I plugged my tv thru the video out connector and it works all right but I'm spoiled now using the high def monitor. So my question is : how do i get back the LG running again, I tried a couple sdcards and still get the black screen

Thank you for the opportunity

Hi folks,

I would love a tutorial that can achieve this:

IP Power Cycling

In essence I want to power *on* and off/reboot the RPi from my Nexus 7 running 4.2.2

The reboot/off should be quite easy, but the powering on from standby could more difficult as I'm not sure if the ethernet port is active when in standby.

Any thoughts?

Being a "noob'" myself, I am seeing a lot of posts with people having trouble with getting the display working.

Some with HDMI, and some with composite.

I have mentioned in a few that to get the composite output working you have to hold the '3' key down during boot.

(Of course WHICH 3 is not specified, but I am guessing the one above the e key.)

A better walk through for people with display problems may be a good thing to help a lot of people with their problems.

Hi all,

Just bumping this up again.

I'm currently in the process of beginning to write some articles aimed at the pure beginner, the first one which should be done by the end of this week. The first two will be:

Overview to the Raspberry Pi (everything you need to know basically, what does what, what you need etc)

How to get up and running (installing software to get a basic setup working)

Are there any requests!!

I'm aiming to publish one per week.

Hi there, i have also built a media center using the hdmi connection. All has gone well but need to get sound from the hdmi. But here is the killer. I have no idea how to get the problem solved. Any comments are welcome. I really need this. Thanks alot Marc.