Welcome, Guest!

Sign in to follow this  
Mr Mark

Lighting control

The initial reason for me buying a RPi was to use it as a low cost, low powered server to interface with my lighting control system (Clipsal C-Bus).

To date, this setup does about 95% of what I want very well but I still have a few... challenges to address. The other problem I have is these units are so cheap for what is possible, so I have a few other projects on the go.

So... I suppose my question here is, are others doing something similar?

The Philips LED's look great, have anybody here had any experience with them?

On one of my other Pi's (I'm greedy :D), I'm running XBMC from openELEC and it seems to run OK and for control have tried several iOS apps, but I'm leaning more toward iViewer by Command Fusion for the flexibility. As the latest base, I downloaded the XBMC gui and have started reverse engineering it to include lighting control (with feedback), our $60.00 Chinese Foscam replica IP camera and some of the AV equipment. I thought similarly to you zag and tied the lounge lamps to the movies play/pause button. Once you select a movie and hit play, the lounge lamps ramp to off over four seconds. If you hit pause, they ramp back up over four seconds. Hopefully over the weekend I'll include some more logic where these lights don't come on during the day.

Always something to do...