Welcome, Guest!

Sign in to follow this  
Alchemy

OFFICIAL RS Components Delivery thread

I noticed a second page to "express an interest". It says..

Q - Will you be sending emails to those who expressed an interest in the Raspberry Pi to let us know if we were successful?

A - Yes. An email confirming successful registration will be sent to everyone who has registered by the end of Friday 2nd March. Each registration has been time-stamped to ensure that Raspberry Pi boards are allocated to each customer on a first-come, first-serve basis, starting with registrations received from 6am GMT on Wed 29th February. We currently expect to be able to start advising shipment dates for the first batch of Raspberry Pi boards at the end of next week (w.c. 5th March).

So anyone got the email today?

Nope! I just tweeted them as well to ask.

They say it should be done by the end of today but nothing yet :shifty:

They posted this on twitter. I remember it being crashed after 7 minutes and for the next 2 hours. I didn't get the RPi mailing list email either.

uiJC.jpg

I spoke to rs yesterday, they said there was a delay in sending the emails (wouldnt say why).

Emails will definately be going out over the next few days.

Sure enough I received an email last night.

It didn't say if I was successful or not, just I will get another email within 7 days.

Yes - email from RS rec'd at half past eleven last night...

This is what it looks like:

"Thank you for joining the Raspberry Pi revolution and registering your interest in Raspberry Pi’s Model B board from RS Components.

We have received extraordinary levels of demand for this product. To help ensure as many people as possible can experience the Raspberry Pi concept, we are limiting boards to one per customer, and we will send you further information on your request in the next seven days. Once we receive the boards into stock, they will be allocated on a first-come first-serve basis, in order of when requests were received.

Thank you for your patience; we will be in touch as soon as possible with more details."

This was from an 'expression of interest' posted at around 6.06am - the earliest that I could get on...

Hmm... I'm guessing that no one else has received one of those emails promised before the end of this week? Not that I'm checking every hour or so, of course... :?

Just to confirm

"The first batch of boards is due to arrive into RS warehouses towards the end of March and will be despatched to customers on a first-come, first-served basis in line with customer registrations," said RS. "Due to the huge demand, orders will be restricted initially to one board per customer."

Early customers (before 6.30am) should have received an email as well on how to order!

I didn't get one :(

Well then neither did I :(

Rather strangely I got a second one of those thank you for registering emails today :?

Does that mean one of the registrations that I thought hadn't worked actually DID work :think:

It's all very bizarre as all my registrations were within 10 mins of 6am...

No, if you got a "congratulations" email I think you're in luck. If you got another "thank you, a lot of people ordered, please be patient" email I believe you're up the proverbial creek...

FYI I also received a new "please be patient" email this afternoon :(

Well thanks for giving me hope Tass - bit of a roller-coaster ride this, eh?!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ALL of us. We all deserve a slice of pi...

Came today:

Welcome to the latest Raspberry Pi update from RS Components!

Much has been happening behind the scenes since you received our last update, not least the start of compliance testing on the Raspberry Pi.

Why are we doing this? Compliance testing is an essential part of bringing any electronic product to market. The Raspberry Pi is being tested to make sure it conforms to all the regulations that apply to electronic devices around the world. This means that we can be sure the Raspberry Pi we deliver to you meets the correct standards and is as safe as you would expect any electronic device you purchase to be.

+ blah blah blah

Did anyone get another random email from RS today saying pretty much nothing?

I'm sure I got the same one a week ago as well.