Welcome, Guest!

Sign in to follow this  
ArborealSeer

No C/C++ developer section on here?

bit surprised as its the only compiled language on pi, and the language in which linux, and any serious/performance intensive applications will be written.

i see there is a QT section, but it is possible to write qt apps in python as well as c++ so that doesn't cover it (some of the rpi qt demo's done by nokia employees on youtube are python)

also, can i suggest a opengl es section as from c++ and python thats what graphics intensive apps will use, (and as you can probably guess) is what i plan to use rpi for

Its the first time I've heard C++ mentioned actually.

I know in our school we will be teaching the kids python and encouraging them to look at mysql and php also.

I can certainly add a section if there is demand. I don't mind writing some tutorials for it.

I wonder if c++ will be as popular in the future with Microsoft moving away from dot net towards HTML5 and Java though.

awesome.. i'm a mid 30s full time c/c++ developer, so outside platform specific compiler/environment issues i'm fine there, however i've not done any opengl or graphics programming for a long time and have had a project bouncing around my head for over 10 years.

zag > i did notice the qt section says its a c++ framework, so makes sense to make a c++ section to support language issues aside from qt ones?

also, c/c++ is an officially supported language on rpi distro's, although obviously for secondary school type stuff python is where its at with them.

i also noticed in this video that gert's code for the gert board video was in c - so i assume more hardware oriented projects, as well as those wanting to 'push the metal' will use c/c++.

finally found the proof i'd seen that c/c++ is an official language..

quote from eben

"We"ll be supporting Python and C as our primary languages, but expect to have some sort of BASIC on there too. Perhaps even BBC BASIC or SuperBASIC depending on copyright issues."