Welcome, Guest!

Sign in to follow this  
zag

OFFICIAL Farnell Delivery thread

I just spoke to Farnell on the phone and they say anyone who's pre-ordered should have it on 26th March.

Its a long time to wait but at least its a date.

For anyone who got onto Farnell before 9.30am and managed to make an order their shipping dates should be:

12 March 2012

Lucky you!!

I got an email saying its now 16 April :(

same here, and a guy i work with..

i expect they'll fulfill earlier, but just happy to have an order placed right now

plus.. there's always whatever happens with RS..

I missed all of the original fun and games due to being away and then other commitments (family etc.) so I only managed a pre-order via Farnell this weekend. I've had an email saying its on back-order which I assumes sometime this year ? Hopefully ? :lol:

Being a child of the 80s I'm used to the 28 days for delivery (so... we meet again, Sir Clive...) so its not a worry, plenty of time to play with Python and other stuff - still it would be nice if it was faster or if there was any better info.

Boing!

Thats the sound of my Farnell order, placed at 8.00am of launch day getting bounced for the third time to May!!!! :roll:

Like I said, my Pi might arrive one day, by which time, something better will be out and I'll have forgotten all about it....

Boing!

Thats the sound of my Farnell order, placed at 8.00am of launch day getting bounced for the third time to May!!!! :roll:

Like I said, my Pi might arrive one day, by which time, something better will be out and I'll have forgotten all about it....

Yep received an email from Farnell this morning - mine too has slipped to the 14th May now from an original estimate of 16th April. Still I'm in no massive hurry as I'm a Linux newbie and want to get to grips with Python as well. Not so sure anything better for the price will appear before May though Richard!! ;-)

Yep same here.

I would guess that means that the entire launch has been delayed another month? I just emailed their sales contact to ask this, I suggest everyone else does as well.

I got my order in early as well :cry:

apparently this was a mistake by farnell.

Raspberry Pi Delivery Dates

Q: I got an email from Farnell element14 stating that my delivery date for the Raspberry Pi I ordered is now into May or June, is this correct?

A: Sorry! We updated the data in our system so that new customers placing their pre-order would be advised of the delivery date at the end of May or beginning of June. If you originally had an estimated delivery date in March or April, your delivery estimate is still as per the original communication

apparently this was a mistake by farnell.

Raspberry Pi Delivery Dates

Q: I got an email from Farnell element14 stating that my delivery date for the Raspberry Pi I ordered is now into May or June, is this correct?

A: Sorry! We updated the data in our system so that new customers placing their pre-order would be advised of the delivery date at the end of May or beginning of June. If you originally had an estimated delivery date in March or April, your delivery estimate is still as per the original communication

Idiots!! :)

But that is GOOD news

Just received official pdf doc to say “Stock is now allocated to your order†my item has been allocated to my order with a delivery date of W/C 14/05/2012 :D

Another update

"Those who ordered units will get them in March and April," Element 14 spokesman Ken Leitch told Electronics Weekly. "We will be shipping the next batch May/June."