Welcome, Guest!

5ft24

Wifi drops and /boot corruption

Having an issue with my original 256M model "B". I am running the latest raspbian, updates are all up to date, rpi-update at latest level.

Using the wifi dongle I bought thru the RS. It will randomly drop wifi. Never picks it back up until after reboot. Nothing in syslog. Unit is only about 30 feet from the router, and I have replaced the router. I have a second pi, brand new 512M model " B" rev 2. Same dongle, no issues. I have swapped dongles and the older pi still has the issue. I have downloaded and written the image fresh to the SD card (also purchased thru RS) and I still have the same issues.

Every time I have to power it off and back on, the /boot partition of the card is corrupt. It wont reboot. If I pull it out and put in my linux machine and do a fsck.vfat -y, if finds bad file descriptors. I can then mkfs.vfat, copy rhe boot files back.over and its again good. If I swap this sd card to the new Pi, I have no issues at all. I am not over clocking, and it's not the power supply. I am using a 600w pc power supply and voltage to the pi is a steady 5.1V. On an oscilloscope, it is smooth, no noise, no spikes. I removed the emmc_pll_clock=0 in config.txt on the advice of another Pi owner. No difference.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Mine is headless. I'll move it into the office with a KB and monitor and give it a shot

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

But when the network drops, you can't use putty for command line options...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am beta testing a new build of the Falcon Pi Player software and try to run wireless during tests. Eth0 always seems to work. Wlan0 is not 100% reliable yet.