Welcome, Guest!

Nick

Created a custom case? Let us take a peek!

We're interested in seeing what great cases people are making / using. If you've constructed one, pop up a photo below please :)

50% look real, the other 50% I guess are computer generated?

The last one looks great, neat, tidy and compact. And has actually been made as well.

For £6.99:

picrustplugged.jpg?w=240picrustdiagtop.jpg?w=240

"Pi Crust" is a custom made, laser-cut case designed to both protect and display your Raspberry Pi computer.

Pi Crust will fit both Models A and B and comes complete with an inter-changeable side. Pre-cut holes allow access to all Pi connectors and enough room to breathe, although Raspberry Pi is designed to only reach body temperature.

A transparent lid allows you to view your Pi and its LEDs. The sides and base come in a range of colours (red, blue, green, yellow, orange, pink, black, white) to suit your taste.

Very simple to assemble - just match up the numbers on the parts and clip together using the supplied elastic band.

See more images and our assembly video on our Facebook page http://facebook.com/rPiCurst

Buy on Etsy (SOLD OUT on eBay until next week!) http://www.etsy.com/...case-to-protect

Just been up the local metal providers and rummaged around the offcuts bin ,

Picked up some clear polycarbonate sheet , some thin stainless steel sheet and a small piece of perforated stainless steel , ( for €5 )

I'm designing cases in my head as I type .....

Thinking of using the perf for a base ( holes will make it easy to fix to whatever I might want to mount it on , and provide a little ventilation )

the thin sheet steel can form part of the sides ( thinking of gluing or soldering these to the perf base )

and the Poly can be used as a riser inside the case and a cover for the top .

Might mount the whole lot on a flexi arm ( like a desk lamp )

Lot's of alternate designs in my head though ...

Printed out the punnet to show my son how small the pi will be !

It's a nifty little thin alright .

Got some clear Trans. 7 ( a type of sealant/ adhesive that is apparently the business for all different materials today . Might see later how it deals with the polycarbonate sheeting.

And got a 3d sketchup file of the pi to try and figure out my case in cad .

The sketchup lacks the SD slot though

Not my idea, but it worked. Punnet alpha 3.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Is that just cardboard and gaffa tape? :D

And got a 3d sketchup file of the pi to try and figure out my case in cad .

Can you share the file? If it's legal to distribute (copyright) then I can add it to our downloads section, that could be handy for others :)

I have a New fiendish plan involving an iomega minimax case, with a 2.5" 80gb drive put in ....power , usb hub and hd all in one neat package ...

If you need a quick RBPI , print out the PUNNET plan ( mentioned above) then run it through a laminator once , cut it out then run it through again , it's a bugger to fold but you end up with quite a serviceable Pi box , you need a scalple blade for the cut outs and superglue to keep it together .

If you need a quick RBPI , print out the PUNNET plan ( mentioned above) then run it through a laminator once , cut it out then run it through again , it's a bugger to fold but you end up with quite a serviceable Pi box , you need a scalple blade for the cut outs and superglue to keep it together .

:)

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

Guest eliakour

just trying now to check the best startup program such as debian ,arch linux ,fedora ect after i have to check these great packs - boxies i saw in this post.

Here you go:

I really love the 2nd, 5th, 6th, and 12th, Any idea if they will be produced??

50% look real, the other 50% I guess are computer generated?

Yeah, most of them have designed by 3D artists for 3D printing, but they don't have 3D printers. They usually make them so someone can recognize their designs and then get them made. :D