Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

Multitasking on the pi?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Guest_Russ Wickstrom_*

Guest_Russ Wickstrom_*
  • Guests
Is it possible, or advisable to confìgue my pi to run 2 different functions at once? (I.e. cloud print server and streaming media device like piCAST?

I would be curious how to achieve something like this.

Sent from my GT-P5113

5ft24

5ft24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBellingham, Washington

Is it possible, or advisable to confìgue my pi to run 2 different functions at once? (I.e. cloud print server and streaming media device like piCAST?

I would be curious how to achieve something like this.

Sent from my GT-P5113

I'm currently doing it. I'm running XBMC and running Xastir for ham radio as well. Just have the init scripts start the 2nd app as well... Thinking of adding more stuff as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

dgwebster

dgwebster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
just worth a mention, the pi is single core, so it is not capable of running things physically at the same time. the more you try to multitask its single thread, the slower the response will become but it is more than capable of running a number of lightweight tasks "at the same time"

Guest_Russ Wickstrom_*

Guest_Russ Wickstrom_*
  • Guests
Thanks for the help...

BLeakly

BLeakly

двп в новосибирске

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationErrolapyday
I'm sure it's easy if you know how; just can't work out how to do this.. Love it if you can help, please? http://3-an.ru- кондиционеры и вентиляция